Aloevera is a famous herb used in Ayurveda since long time ago. It is known with the scientific name, Aloe barbadensis. It belongs to the family liliaceae.
· Kingdom - Plantae
· Subkingdom – Tracheobionta
· Superdivision - Spermatophyta
· Division - Magnoliophyta
· Class - Liliopsida
· Subclass - Liliidae
· Order - Liliales
· Family - Aloeaceae
· Genus - Aloe
· Species - Barbadensis
Botanical Name- Aloe barbedense.
· Sanskrit Name - Ghritkumari, Kumari, Gruha Kanya, Vipulasrava.
· English Name – Indian Aloe, Aloe Vera
· Hindi Name - Guarpatha, Ghikanvar, Rambans
· Malyalam Name - Kumara, Kattar Vazha
· Marathi Name - Korphad, Kunvarpata
· Bangali Name – Ghritkumari
· Tamil Name – Chirukuttali
· Gujrathi Name - Kunwar Path
· Telugu Name - Chinna Kalabanda
· Oriya Name - Kumara
· Kannada Name - Lolisara
It helps to stabilize blood sugar level, hence is good for diabetes.
· It is helpful to cure burns and other skin disorders.
· It give relief from wounds and ulcers.
· It prevents growth of acne and moisturizes the skin.
· It helps to treat fungus, insect bites, herpes, vaginal infections and allergic reactions.
· Its juice is a tonic in conditions like jaundice, amenorrhea and piles.
· It is antiseptic, helps to kill many of viruses and bacteria.
· It helps to alkalize the body, balances acid production and treats constipation.
· It prevents kidney stones, crohn's disease and IBS.
· It also controls the levels of cholesterol and oxidative stress.
Avoid use in pregnancy and breast feeding.
· Oral intake of aloe can cause abdominal cramps and diarrhea sometimes.
· Capsule : 1 Capsule 3 times in a day or directed by the expert.